Friday, March 1, 2013

Parenting




So I sit here and I think...What can I tell y'all this week that will just blow you away?  Guess what?  I have nothing!  Nada, Zilch, not a damn thing and I am pissed about that!  So because you were so sweet to come and see what type of gibberish I have wrote about this week I will have to improvise...

My parenting style...I am forewarning you that it may disturb you the way I parent...I am blunt with my kids.  If I get pissed at them, they will know it because I will be screaming, yelling, cussing, and everything else.  Now before you get your panties in a wad let me just say that they stand there and look at me when I am doing this with a smile on their face.  They know that I am throwing empty threats, so calm your tits! 

I am also very open with them about life.  If they ask me a question that makes me uncomfortable, well I just muscle through it and tell it like it really is.  Which kinda has back fired on me because they are also very open with me.  My daughter quite often tells me shit that I would rather not know, and my son thinks that it is cute to tell me how many 'hairs' he has down there!  AAHHHHHHH!!!!!  I really don't need to know that.

I think I am a good parent.  If you tell me any different I will hurt you.  I am the type of parent that my MIL calls a 'momma bear' because if you mess with my babies I WILL HURT YOU!   Seriously.  I don't play like that...Those are my kids and I will protect them with everything in me.  My kids are the main reason me and the MIL fight.  She doesn't think that I should protect them as much as I do.  She thinks that she should be able to come out and tell them what to do with me sitting there.  PFFT......

I don't let my kids go anywhere unless I do a child predator check first in that area.  If by chance (this has happened) I arrive at the house and I don't like the way it looks.  Be prepared to be royally embarrassed because I will leave!  Bear, the whole way home says "OMG MOM YOU HAVE RUINED MY LIFE FOREVER!!!"  Have I ruined you life because I think I may have just made it to where my daughter will graduate and do great in life...Bear has 2 good friends...That being said, they are a year younger than her(she was held back) and both of them are on birth control!  It isn't because they need to regulate their periods...NO it is because they are having sex, REGULARLY!!!!  Hello, good momma, right here!  My child is not having sex yet, WHEW!  Oh how do I know you ask?  Because she can't go anywhere!  That and I know that she would tell me or her dad <again we are an open family)...Her one friend's parents will bring her over to see her boyfriend, who lives one street over from us, but won't bring her here.  Strange right?!  Makes me think that they want her to have sex.


Now my sister, I love her, but lord help her style of parenting.  I cannot tell you how many times she has called me saying something like 'M HELP, HOW DO YOU GET _________________(fill in with some type of creamy liquid) out of (hair, carpet, clothes, walls, ect.....)  Now you could say that she needs to watch her kids better......(you could say it, it's ok)  I do find humor in it though.  I would spend hours laughing afterwards... 

Her youngest would get onto the counter tops and pull out all of the dishes from the cabinet.  Good thing they were plastic.   I can't parent like that....

I guess you could say that I am an average parent, but I am sure that if I wasn't 17 when I had my first and I had waited until late 20's or so I would have been superb!  Yeah probably not, but hey!

What is your style of parenting?







No comments:

Post a Comment